Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just Waiting!

Finally some updated pictures. Things here have been a little crazy which is normal for our house I think. David has been crazy busy at work and working a lot of nights so Jaiden and I have gotten a lot of bonding time....I love every minute of it even the challenges that come along with all of it. We started potty training about 2 months ago and so far we are totally in big girl panties except at night. I am so proud of her! She is excited to be a big sister for the time being. She has become a little more interested in what's going on although I am not quite sure she completely understands it to the full extent. Do to the darn swine flu she won't be able to meet her new brother until we bring him home. It sucks, but if it keeps her from getting it or him then we are all better off. We are also only allowed 4 guests up at the hospital and they have to be listed prior to the birth. I understand where they are coming from and trying to keep all the babies and mom's safe. I have been working and am planning on working up until I have him so that the 12 weeks I have off are spent with him and Jaiden.
As you can see below we made our first camping trip at the end of summer. We both had to work Saturday of Labor day weekend so we only went up Sunday-Monday, but it was so much fun! We packed the car up and went to a place about an hour away called Wellington Lake. David fished alittle with no luck and then we just enjoyed the peace and quiet and not having any obligations. Jaiden loved it. I think the air mattress in the tent was her favorite activity. The night was a bit cold and I think we both were a little happy to see the sun come up the next morning as it was alittle restless night. We decided after that trip we definitely are going back camping. Now we just need a few better camping supplies.
My mom surprised me a few weeks ago for a surprise baby shower David threw me. I knew my sister was coming, but had no idea my mom was going to be here. It was the best surprise ever!! We had a very nice weekend and the party was really great! Minus the fact David had a beer bottle blow up in his hand and ended up having to get stitches right before the whole thing started. He did a great job! and now we are a lot more prepared for a boy in the house. Everything we had was girl stuff.....so he was going to be wearing a lot of pink! Thanks to everyone who came and work he has some boy colors now.
Not much else is going on here. We are just playing the waiting game now. We are starting to get ready for Halloween which I will post those pictures next. Jaiden is going to Minnie Mouse and seems to be very excited about it. We will see if I can get her into her costume when the time comes. I will keep you all posted.
Jaiden on the phone with her daddy!


She wanted some chips!



Chill'n by the fire with her daddy!


Roasting marshmallows which she loved!




Fishing with Daddy





2 comments:

Dottie said...

Wonderful pictures and memories for you! Such an amazing family you have and so happy to hear the news about your new baby son! Love the name and I know he will add lots and lots of joy to the King family! Blessings to You, David and your beautiful children.

Sena's Mom said...

Great to see you pregnant! A boy and a girl - how great! :)